WebJunction content is growing and becoming more comprehensive every day. It can be overwhelming. Of course, you can always use the search tool if you are looking for something specific…
but browsing can be a good way of gathering new ideas, updates and information about future events. By design, several of WebJunction’s new Web 2.0 features offer a variety of ways to browse the growing WebJunction resources.
- My WebJunction >>> Updates - The updates section of My WebJunction can lead you to new and updated content and new friends on WebJunction. You will be alerted as your friends add or update content or make new friends. You can use the links included in the update messages to make your own connections. One other benefit — you will see what courses your friends are working on with ready references for course recommendations. Just remember – you have to be logged into WebJunction to access your My WebJunction tab. Hint: The WebJunction default for your profile is private. To get the most out of sharing with your WebJunction friends, consider opening up your profile to your friends or make it public.
- Hot Topics on WebJunction - Published monthly, this handy feature lists the newest and most popular courses, documents and discussions. Plus, you will find a list of new and popular WJ Groups and archives for recent WebJunction webinars. Hint: You can find a link to Hot Topics on the WebJunction Kansas home page in the quick links section.
- Events and Webinars - You’ll also find a link to the WebJunction Events and Webinars page. This page will give you details of upcoming events and webinars. Webinars are a great way to learn something new and meet new people. Don’t forget that you can also see what is coming up at WebJunction by visiting the calendar.
- Crossroads – Crossroads is WebJunction’s monthly electronic newsletter and there is no better way to stay in the loop with everything that’s going on at WebJunction. You can subscribe and have it delivered to your e-mail inbox. It takes just a few minutes to browse the news, but you can take some time to explore using the handy links included in the newsletter. Hint: Look in the lower left corner of the WebJunction Kansas home page for a subscription form and a link to past issues of Crossroads.
- Member Center – Visit the Member Center to stay connected. In the Member Center you can connect to the calendar, groups, instructions, support and discussions. The Member Center can answer your questions or give you a place to start your browsing. Check it out today!
Until Next Month…
Have questions about WebJunction? Have a favorite hangout at WebJunction Kansas? Have some WebJunction tips or tricks for making the most of WebJunction resources? Share them with Kansas Kilroy c/o Cindi Hickey, firstname.lastname@example.org.