The Statewide Resources Decision-Making Committee met July 22, 2011 and the final selection of database subscriptions was determined. The combined funding for the databases comes from the State Library, Kan-ed and “pledges” from various libraries across the state.
A complete list of the “pledged” libraries will be available soon. Here is the final list of databases:
- LearningExpress Library
- ProQuest Nursing
- GALE databases include:
- Academic OneFile/Expanded Academic
- Plus InfoTrac Collections
- Literature Resource Center
- Business & Company Resource Center
- InfoTrac Newsstand
- General OneFile
- Plus InfoTrac Collections, including InfoTrac Student, InfoTrac Junior and Kid’s InfoBits
- Health & Wellness Resource Center/Health Reference Academic
- GVRL hosting fee (ebook hosting fee for Gale Virtual Reference Library)
In addition, WorldCat is available to all libraries and all Kansans. This is funded by the academic (Regents and Private institutions of higher ed) and several urban libraries (Topeka Shawnee, Wichita, Kansas City, KS).