Because we are expecting big changes to the line-up of database offerings effective August 1, 2012, the State Library is taking steps to ease the transition wherever possible.
Here’s what we can do to help:
1. Add your library or campus IP addresses/ranges to a spreadsheet which we will make available to database vendors with whom we contract.
- Please note, this is a one-time effort, not a commitment to keep a statewide list up to date. Subsequent changes can be made through direct contact with the vendor.
- Although we assume vendors will be able to link IPs to individual institutions for statistical purposes, details will be scarce until after contracts are signed.
- By forwarding IP information to us, you agree not to hold the State Library liable for any impact on security. Information needed:
- Library / School Name
- Street Address
- Mailing Address if different
- Regional Library System (please include even if not a member)
- IP addresses to be included
2. We can provide you with administrative access to create Kansas Library Card (KsLC) accounts for students, faculty and staff, and patrons.
3. We can provide you with a link to our resource access pages (Explore Our Online Resources | Student Research Central | Research for Kids).
- Links on these pages validate any IP address, work, home or school, that is registered in Kansas. Access is easy and reliable, but statistical use is not broken out by institution.
4. We can provide easy access to vendor contact information for your authentication and statistical needs by updating our resource pages:
5. If your school/library will be closed over the summer, please make a note to check with IT staff as you get ready for fall, to be sure IP information you’ve provided is still up to date.
6. To keep informed about transition progress, stay subscribed to KANLIB-L over the summer!